The name ‘True and United Friends’ (‘Zu den Wahren und Vereinigten Freunden’) has appeared in Brno’s masonic history three times.
The first time the name was mentioned was in the year 1784, when after internal conflicts in the Lodge ‘The Rising Sun’ (‘Zur Aufgehenden Sonne’) Bro. Anton Belcredi decided to part ways and opened the Lodge ‘True and united Friends’ which soon became the center of the local Illuminati.
In 1785 the lodge counted 20 members, however due to political pressure in the Austro-Hungarian empire, the lodge closed shortly afterwards in 1794.
What followed was a long period of darkness that lasted until the end of the First World War
The second time the name appeared was in 1922, when local Brethren received the approval to start formal preparations to open a new lodge.
The consecration took place in 1923 with the support of lodge
‘Hiram at the three Stars’(Prague). The lodge T.A.U.F. worked until 1936, when again political pressure forced the Brethren to cease all masonic work.
The third time the name appears in Brno’s history was in 2014. Brethren from all masonic lodges in Brno came together to prepare and seek approval to open the lodge once again. With Brno’s increasingly international population, the new lodge’s aim was to provide a home for expatriates who immigrated to the Czech Republic and visiting Brethren from abroad and offer a place for any international candidates seeking to join our brotherhood.
After several years of planning with the help from Hiram Lodge in Prague, the consecration took place on October the 14th, 2017.
Lodge True and United Friends unites brethren from all faiths and has members from the Jordan, Israel, Italy, Germany, South Africa and the Czech Republic.
Note: Material provided by Bro. P.R., member of Quatuor Coronati Research Lodge in the Or. Prague
Copyright © 2020 True and United Friends - All Rights Reserved.